Real time student-instructor feedback

Guest blog by Thomas Crichton, Student and MyUni Assist Ambassador
TomCanvasConBlogImage

I was fortunate enough to travel to Sydney with several university colleagues earlier this month to present at CanvasCon 2017. CanvasCon brings together higher education, K-12, and RTO educators from across the Asia-Pacific region to share innovative ways they are using or planning to use Canvas. Three colleagues and I presented how the University of Adelaide employed students as partners during the MyUni Transform project. As a student and a MyUni Assist Ambassador I worked with Course Coordinators and Learning Designers to help transform courses in Canvas.

I shared how MyUni Assist Ambassadors added value to the University as student partners and I contextualised the student role in our Students as Partners model. I outlined ways the role of a MyUni Assist Ambassador has evolved through the project. For example the role now involves providing a student perspective during course design decisions such as in course design meetings with Course Coordinators and Learning Designers. This shortens the student-instructor feedback loop by offering immediate and first-hand student experiences and contextualises course activity design options.

The presentation was well-attended and well-received by members of universities from across the region. They had plenty of questions about the specific contributions that MyUni Assist Ambassadors had made during the course design process and expressed interest in implementing a Students as Partners model in their own move to Canvas.

I greatly enjoyed being able to share my experiences as a MyUni Assist Ambassador with the attendees of CanvasCon and to learn how other universities are making the most of Canvas.

University of Adelaide ‘Student as Partners’ presentation team:

This entry was posted in News, Peer adoption, Support and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.