You now have greater access to courses and student activity in your course through a new feature in MyUni that supports evidence-informed engagement in your learning and teaching activities.
The new feature “LMS Analytics” has been added to Semester 1, 2018 MyUni courses.
LMS Analytics enables staff to –
- See the number of Views and Participations in each of the course elements
- Sort each column
- Search a course element or title (full title or partial)
- Identify who has/not viewed or participated/not participated in any of the ‘Titles’ (Topics) in a ‘Course Element’
- See students first and last access
- Filter required data
- Download the data to a csv file
Actions that will generate a (student) view.
The following actions will generate a (student) view –
- accessing a MyUni page within the Course
- downloading a file
Actions that will generate (student) analytics course participation.
The following actions by students will generate analytics course participation –
- loading a collaboration to view/edit the document
- joining a web conference
- posting a new comment to a discussion or an announcement
- starting and submitting a quiz
- submitting an assignment
- creating a wiki page
Further information on LMS Analytics.
Student Lists in LMS Analytics
- You can see which Students have engaged with a ‘Course Elements’/’Titles’ by clicking on a topic under the ‘Title’ column.
- This will generate a new view within the LMS Analytics showing the list of Students who have engaged with the ‘Course Elements’/’Titles’.
- You can change the Student list by clicking on the appropriate button in the Filter table.
- You also have the ability to download the Student list by clicking on the csv button.
- Instructor to Students feedback mechanism
- Multiple topics (Titles) filters