Get to know your analytics in MyUni
The analytics in MyUni combines activity data from Canvas, students and unit/course from PeopleSoft.
How can Learning Analytics be used?
- Understand students’ behaviours and adapt to a personalised learning path.
- Identify students and class engagement patterns online, i.e. are students logging in and accessing items/tools, and if so, when.
- Clarify access patterns, both timing and duration, for individual students and the class. This can be particularly useful in the context of assessment submission.
- Identify resource usage patterns i.e. what resources are students finding valuable.
The LMS Analytics tool provides two tabs with data.
- A list of content in the course and the number of views and participation for each item with sorting and search functionality
- The data is an aggregation of the student Access Reports and counts the numbers of students who have and have not viewed or participated in each piece of course content
|Course Student Report
- Provides demographic information about the students in a course (displayed as a dashboard of charts) i.e.
- Other courses they are studying
- Other programs they are enrolled in
- Their study load for the semester
- Their residence status
- Drill down on a particular chart element by clicking on it, to see a table of the students in that group
User Interface at a glance
- Shows an instructor when the cohort viewed and participated in the course
- View the percentage of students who submitted assignments on-time, late or not at all
- Creates box and whisker plots to show the distribution of grades in each assignment and a table at the bottom that shows page views, participation, assignments, and current score for every student in the course.
- Shows the course activities (views and participation) for the student
- Shows conversations that have taken place between the student and the instructor(s) in the Canvas Inbox
- Shows timeliness and scores for each submission by the student, the cohort median and the 25th-75th percentiles
- Shows high and low scores as well as the students’ scores for each assignment
- Shows the number of times a student viewed specific content or participated in a particular activity
- Detailed analyses of quiz questions statistics –
- Number of attempts per students (when applicable)
- Shows quiz summary and question breakdown (including discrimination indexes)
- Downloadable student analysis and item analysis reports
- Provides a simplified overview of a student’s progress in the course –
- page views
- View individual student grades via the ‘Marks’ page or the Student Context card, includes
- name, due date, score and points possible for each assignment, as well as a summary
- List each module/file in the course –
- that a student has visited
- the number of times it has been viewed and participated in
- the time it was last viewed
|Echo 360 Analytics
- View analytics for all classes in a course, individual classes, and student engagement information
- Analytics are filtered by engagement, attendance, content views, questions asked, notes taken, and overall participation. Further information…
This entry was posted in Support
, Teaching and Learning
and tagged active learning
, Canvas Teacher App
, learning analytics
, MyUni Canvas
, MyUni Learning Centre
. Bookmark the permalink
Comments are closed.