Back in ages, long lost to history, the Learning Resource Development team consisted of two talented individuals who developed and built a wide variety of learning resources. Now, in the distant future of 2019, that ancient, proud tradition is continuing. If you were not aware of our team’s existence in the past, this blog should remedy that.
My name is Michael Brockhouse, and I’m a Learning Resource Developer situated in the Cog. But that’s not important right now. What is important is that we have a new second member of the team; please welcome Aaron Shannon-Honson to the Learning Resource Developer fold!
Aaron Shannon-Honson joins us from the AdelaideX team, where he worked with course teams to create interactive MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) content. If you haven’t seen any of the MOOCs the AdelaideX team have done in the past, now is the perfect time to check them out. Aaron has been a large part of their development and now that he’s a Learning Resource Developer, we have access to his skill set!
To see some of Aaron’s skills in action, check out this masterpiece he put together for the Shakespeare Matters MOOC:
And while you’re at it, check out some of the other projects Aaron has worked on as part of the AdelaideX team.
So now I guess you’re wondering how Aaron and I (The Learning Resource Development Team) can help you?
Here are just a few things we can do:
- Prepare a variety of graphics (such as posters, infographics, web friendly images, photo manipulation, vector-based animation and 360 panorama preparation)
- Develop learning objects using such tools as Storyline, PowerPoint and Canvas
- Build custom bespoke activities using a variety of programming tools and languages
- Write custom user guides for software or specific tools you might need for your students
- Video editing, including 360 video
- Develop web content
- Attend any meetings you are involved in to help workshop your resource development ideas.
If we’ve intrigued you just a little, maybe you’d like to see a gallery of some of the projects we’ve worked on in the past.
Our team covers the whole gamut. From simple fixes and repairs to your own content, to the development of an entire Canvas course worth of learning objects. We’re certainly not afraid of a challenge.
Whatever your idea is, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
- You can contact Michael on email@example.com
- You can contact Aaron on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use the LRD form below to submit a request for assistance, and we’ll be in touch to discuss your project in further detail.