Professor Wendy Umberger is Director of the Centre for Global Food & Resources at the University of Adelaide. Wendy’s research interests include:
- Consumer behaviour related to food purchases, nutrition and health;
- Food security, including economics of food safety;
- Diet and nutrition transition in less developed and developing countries;
- Producer behaviour and drivers of technology adoption;
- Food policy; and
- Translation of research for policy and industry.
Wendy is currently leading interdisciplinary value chain research projects in Asia, Australia, North America, the Pacific Islands and South Africa. She is also studying the impact of urbanisation, modern retail transformation and development programs on food consumption patterns, diet quality and longer-run health and livelihood implications in Indonesia and Fiji.
Wendy has published extensively. She holds a PhD in Agricultural Economics from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Prior to joining the University of Adelaide, she was Associate Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at Colorado State University.
For more information on Wendy, please click here.