This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites applications from institutions/organisations which propose to characterise or identify factors in early childhood (birth-24 months) that may:
- increase or mitigate risk for obesity and/or excessive weight gain, and/or
- fill methodological research gaps relevant to the understanding of risk for development of obesity in children
Studies must propose research in children from birth to 24 months, although any proposed follow-up assessments, if applicable, may continue past this period. Studies may also assess factors relevant to families and/or caregivers of children from birth to 24 months.
Funding & Duration
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. Maximum award period is five years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 8 Jan 2015 – Letter of Intent (LOI) via Grants.Gov submission portal.
- Copy of LOI forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 5 Feb 2015 – full applications submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster