The MJFF seeks to support research that will develop improved bio-marker tools and clinical outcome measures to assist in clinical trial design, execution and interpretation of results.
Funding will focus on projects that improve the ability to enrich subject populations in clinical trials and/or determine whether experimental treatments are modifying the course of the disease, its symptoms, or its progression.
Funding & Duration
MJFF intends to support multiple projects under this announcement, and may fund up to US $4M for this program. There is no set budget limit for proposals. However, requested support should be commensurate with the stage of development and work proposed.
Applications may be submitted by:
- U.S. and non-U.S. biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies or other for-profit entities, either publicly or privately held; and
- U.S. and non-U.S. entities, public and private non-profit entities, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local governments, and eligible agencies of the federal government.
Post-doctoral fellows are NOT eligible to apply as primary investigators.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 3 Dec 2014 – pre-proposals submitted via MJFF web-portal.
- Copy of pre-proposals forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 11 Feb 2015 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster