The Australian Government’s $100 million Rural R&D for Profit Program is currently investing additional resources into the Rural Research and Development Corporations (RDCs) for projects that develop new (or significantly transform existing) knowledge, technologies, products or processes that have the potential to create tangible productivity and/or profitability benefits for primary producers and rural businesses.
This program is a competitive grants initiative whereby RDCs can partner with a wide range of organisations to bid for funding under the program.
- Guidelines (PDF)
This programme is open to applications from Research & Development Corporations (RDCs) ONLY – the University cannot apply to the Department of Agriculture, however, we can collaborate on an RDC application. If you have a project idea you think an RDC may be interested in, please contact them initially to discuss your idea.
Only the 15 rural RDCs are eligible to apply for funding under the programme. The RDCs are:
- Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Australian Grape and Wine Authority
- Australian Livestock Export Corporation Limited
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation Limited
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Wool Innovation Limited
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- Dairy Australia Limited
- Fisheries Research and Development Corporation
- Forest and Wood Products Australia Limited
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Horticulture Australia Limited
- Meat and Livestock Australia Limited
- Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation
- Sugar Research Australia Limited
Please note: Project ideas to AGWA (Grape & Wine) and RIRDC have already been made by the University – they are not likely to be open to further ideas at this stage.
Applications submitted directly to the Department of Agriculture.
- How to Apply (PDF)