The Transplantation Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) provides awards to assist young investigators with travel/registration for the Annual Scientific Meeting.
The prize is given to young investigators in transplantation who are making an oral or poster presentation at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
TSANZ will provide assistance with travel/registration for the meeting as follows:
- AUD $2,500 to attend meetings in USA/Europe/Japan
- AUD $1,500 elsewhere
- be a financial member of the Society of 12 months standing from the date of approval of membership to the Society to the date of the meeting
- be under 35 years of age or a full time student enrolled for a higher degree (young investigator) or
- be over 35 years of age (senior investigator) in a non-clinical position
- have an abstract accepted for oral or poster presentation at a transplantation orientated meeting
- not be in receipt of a bursary from the meeting organisers and must have applied (if eligible) for such a bursary
- attend and present their abstract
Other eligibility criteria:
- no discrimination between oral and poster presentations
- council will not score abstracts
- preference given to first authors
- Young Investigators or full time students are eligible to apply twice in a five year period
- Senior Investigators are eligible to apply once every three year
- when there are too many eligible applicants, preference given to those not previously supported
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 Feb 2015.
Submitted applications must be accompanied by a signed and completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.
Applications may be emailed to the Research Branch unless otherwise specified.