Priority Target awards support projects addressing roadblocks and knowledge gaps in understanding biological mechanisms associated with high-priority PD targets already supported by a strong body of validation data: alpha-synuclein, LRRK2, GBA, parkin and trophic factors. Proposals will be reviewed in the context of existing MJFF investments in these areas.
Funding & Duration
US $100,000 (approx. AUD $127,600) for 1 year.
Applications may be submitted by:
- U.S. and non-U.S. biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies or other for-profit entities, either publicly or privately held.
- U.S. and non-U.S. entities, public and private non-profit entities, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local governments, and eligible agencies of the federal government.
- Post-doctoral fellows are eligible to apply as Principal Investigator (PI) to the Target Validation Pilot Awards program only and must collaborate with an Administrative PI who directs the laboratory in which the fellow will conduct research. The Administrative PI will be responsible for assisting in providing all institutional documents required for the project and will be required to sign any award contract. Training or mentoring-only proposals will not be considered.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 27 May 2015 – Pre-Proposals submitted directly to Sponsor
- Copy of Pre-Proposal forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP
- 29 July 2015 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster