The Thomas Davies Research Grant for Marine, Soil and Plant Biology is funded through a generous philanthropic bequest from the estate of the late Thomas Lewis Davies to the Australian Academy of Science.
The Fund offers annual science grants to early- and mid-career researchers in the field of marine, soil and plant biology.
Funding & Duration
Grants of up to $10,000 each are awarded. (Grants are GST exclusive).
Awards should be spent within 24 months from the date of award.
For this award early- and mid-career researchers are classified as scientists with up to 15 years post-PhD experience.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. Applicants should have held a PhD for no more than 15 years at the time of the award closing date.
- Funding may be used towards the costs of research assistant or technician salaries, equipment, maintenance and other related costs not covered from other sources. Funding may not cover, bench fees, managerial, insurance or visa costs.
- Awards should be spent within 24 months from the date of award.
- The work should lead to publication in high quality scientific journals in the relevant field.
- Successful grant winners will be expected to present annual progress reports starting 12 months from when the award is made using the Academy’s award reporting template. A full report is also required within three months of the termination of the research project.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
Applications must be submitted for internal review by 9 June 2015.
Submitted applications must be accompanied by a signed and completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.
Applications may be emailed to the Research Branch unless otherwise specified.