The Postdoctoral Fellowships of the MND Research Institute of Australia aim to encourage young researchers to focus their interest on MND.
Two fellowships to commence in January 2016 are offered:
- Bill Gole MND Postdoctoral Fellowship (2016 – 2018)
- Beryl Bayley MND Postdoctoral Fellowship (2016 – 2018)
Funding & Duration
Salary for a full-time research fellow will be funded at $100,000 p.a. for a period of up to three years.
- The Fellowship is directed towards postdoctoral scientists with a track record in areas of neuroscience related to motor neurone disease.
- The applicant must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residential status.
- At 28 August 2015, applicants must have no more than three years research experience from the date their doctoral thesis was passed.
- Applicants who will submit their completed doctoral thesis before the end of 2015 will be considered, but the Fellowship cannot be taken up by the applicant until the thesis has been passed.
- The Fellowship can commence on 1 January 2016 and must commence before 1 July 2016.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 August 2015.
Submitted applications must be accompanied by a signed and completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.
Applications may be emailed to the Research Branch unless otherwise specified.