The Holsworth Wildlife Research Endowment invites applications for post-graduate student research support in ecology, wildlife management and natural history studies.
Applications in three general areas are especially encouraged:
- Wildlife management relating to sport hunting, harvesting, pest control, management of non-game animals, and effect of land management on native species;
- Conservation biology and biodiversity studies relating to the management of protected areas and rare or threatened species in Australia;
- Field work on Australian native plants and animals to gain understanding of ecological interactions, population dynamics, animal behaviour, and species distribution.
Grants of up to $7,500 will be awarded for the purchase of equipment, supplies, travel to study areas and conferences. These grants will be renewable for a period of 2 to 3 years provided that the student maintains satisfactory progress.
Preference will be given to students at an early stage of a Masters or Doctoral program. Honours projects will normally not be supported. Eligibility is limited to universities in Australia. Grants are not available to individuals but are made only to organisations to which gifts are deductible under Section 30-15 of the Federal Income Tax Assessment Act.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
Please note: the Trust for this scheme has changed from ANZ to Equity Trustees.
- Applications both new and continuing must be submitted directly to the Sponsor by 24 July 2015.
- New and continuing applicants must submit a word version of their application to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Applications must be accompanied by a signed and completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.