The US Department of Defense Reconstructive Transplantation Research (RTR) program supports innovative, high-impact research in the field of reconstructive transplantation (RT), specifically vascularised composite allotransplantation (VCA)-focused research, also known as composite tissue allotransplantation (CTA).
Clinical Trial Award
The intent of the Clinical Trial Award mechanism is to support clinical trials with the potential to have a major impact on improving the function, wellness, and overall quality of life for injured Service members and Veterans, their caregivers and family members, and the American public. Funding from this award mechanism must support a clinical trial and may not be used for preclinical research studies.
Funding & Duration
- Maximum funding of US $3M (approx AUD $4.1M) in total costs
- Maximum period of performance is 4 years
- Independent investigators at all academic levels (or non-academic equivalent) are eligible to submit applications.
- Cost sharing/matching is not an eligibility requirement.
- Eligible investigators must apply through an organisation. Organisations eligible to apply include national, international, for-profit, nonprofit, public, and private organisations.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 25 Aug 2015 – pre-application (Pre-proposal) submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- Copy of Pre-Proposal forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- September – Invitation to submit a full application.
- 17 Nov 2015 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster