The US Department of Defense Reconstructive Transplantation Research (RTR) program supports innovative, high-impact research in the field of reconstructive transplantation (RT), specifically vascularised composite allotransplantation (VCA)-focused research, also known as composite tissue allotransplantation (CTA).
The RTR Concept Award supports the exploration of a highly innovative new concept or untested theory that addresses an important problem relevant to reconstructive transplantation.
Funding & Duration
- Maximum funding of US $150,000 (approx. AUD $206,000) for total costs.
- Maximum period of performance is 1 year
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
- Independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent)
- Both intramural and extramural investigators are encouraged to apply
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 16 Sept 2015 – pre-application (Letter of Intent – LOI) submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- Copy of LOI forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 30 Sept 2015 – full applications submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Full applications must be accompanied by a signed & completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster