The US Department of Defense Reconstructive Transplantation Research (RTR) program supports innovative, high-impact research in the field of reconstructive transplantation (RT), specifically vascularised composite allotransplantation (VCA)-focused research, also known as composite tissue allotransplantation (CTA).
Idea Discovery Award
The intent of the RTR IDA is to support innovative, untested, high-risk/potentially high-reward concepts, theories, paradigms, and/or methods relevant to RT.
Inclusion of preliminary data is encouraged. The outcome of research supported by this award should be the generation of robust data that can be used as a foundation for future research projects to reveal breakthroughs or new avenues in regenerative medicine.
Funding & Duration
- Maximum funding of US $450,000 (approx. AUD $619,000) for total costs
- Maximum period of performance is 2 years
- Independent investigators at all academic levels (or non-academic equivalent) are eligible to submit applications.
- Cost sharing/matching is not an eligibility requirement.
- Eligible investigators must apply through an organisation. Organisations eligible to apply include national, international, for-profit, nonprofit, public, and private organisations.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 16 Sept 2015 – pre-application (Letter of Intent – LOI) submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- Copy of LOI forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 30 Sept 2015 – full applications submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster