The US Department of Defense Reconstructive Transplantation Research (RTR) program supports innovative, high-impact research in the field of reconstructive transplantation (RT), specifically vascularised composite allotransplantation (VCA)-focused research, also known as composite tissue allotransplantation (CTA).
Translational Research Award
The intent of the Translational Research Award mechanism is to support the development of data and model systems to complete the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory review process and position the product for a clinical trial. Applications must include preliminary and/or published data that is relevant to RTR and the proposed research project.
Funding & Duration
- Maximum funding of US $1M (approx AUD $1.4M) in total costs
- Maximum period of performance is 2 years
- Independent investigators at all academic levels (or non-academic equivalent) are eligible to submit applications.
- Cost sharing/matching is not an eligibility requirement.
- Eligible investigators must apply through an organisation. Organisations eligible to apply include national, international, for-profit, nonprofit, public, and private organisations.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 25 Aug 2015 – pre-application (Pre-proposal) submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- Copy of Pre-Proposal forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- September – Invitation to submit a full application.
- 17 Nov 2015 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster