The Westpac Social Change Fellowship supports people from all sectors with the drive to create better lives for all Australians.
The Fellowship is designed to give recipients time and space to develop the skills, knowledge and networks they will need to bring their idea to life. This may involve travel study tours, work experience, research, or building stronger connections that will directly enhance their ability to lead their project.
Funding & Duration
Up to $50,000 is awarded, over a maximum six month period. The Fellowship could cover:
- Travel and accommodation costs (overseas and/or domestic)
- Expenses relating to the experience
- Reasonable personal expenses
- Costs for relief in current employment (depending on need)
- be Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- be over the age of 18
- be applying for funds to build your capability, skills, experience and connections to deliver social change
- be already working on an initiative to improve the wellbeing of Australians at a local, state or national level
- have the support of the community that your initiative is seeking to benefit
Applications must be submitted to the Research Branch for internal review by 10 August 2015.
Submitted applications must be accompanied by a signed and completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet. Submissions may be emailed to the Research Branch unless otherwise specified.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster