The Australian Academy of Science invites nominations from Australian early career researchers to attend the 8th HOPE Meeting with Nobel Laureates, in the areas of Physics, Chemistry, Physiology/Medicine and related fields, to be held in Tsukuba, Japan, 7-11 March 2016.
Funding & Duration
- The successful candidates will receive a grant-in-aid from the Academy up to AUD$2000 (GST exclusive) towards the cost of an international return economy airfare.
- In-country costs (meeting registration, accommodation, transportation in Japan, meals and travel insurance for the dates of the meeting) will be covered by JSPS.
- All successful candidates are expected to attend the full program of events of the 8th HOPE Meeting.
- The program does not provide funds for bench fees, managerial, insurance or visa costs.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to their principal field of studies and to interdisciplinary work, for example by double degrees or interdisciplinary projects.
In addition, applicants must:
- Be a PhD student or postdoctoral researcher with excellent academic performance
- Postdoctoral researchers must have obtained their doctoral degree within 5 years before April 1st 2015 (i.e. awarded on or after 1 April 2010)
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents and living in Australia at the time of application
- Have not been selected to participate in the past HOPE Meetings
- Be able to provide a high-quality poster presentation related to the subject field in English
- Have an outstanding record of achievements in the study of his/her research field
- Have a strong interest not only in his/her own discipline but also in a wide range of fields
- Have respect for diverse cultures, values and ethnicities
- Be able to participate in the entire Meeting program
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
Each institution is limited to applying for two grants on behalf of two early career researchers.
As such the Research Branch requests a notification of intent to apply be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2015 stating:
- name of researcher
- a paragraph of why you wish to attend and the importance and benefit of attending