The Australian Academy of Science invites nominations from Australian-based early career researchers to attend the 66th Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting (dedicated to Physics), to be held in Lindau, Germany, 26 June – 1 July 2016.
The Science and Industry Endowment Fund is providing financial support for this Fellowship.
Funding & Duration
- The successful candidates will receive a grant-in-aid from the Academy up to AUD $6,178 (GST exclusive) towards the cost of:
- an international return economy airfare from Australia to the international airport closest to Lindau (up to AUD $3,000)
- participation (including accommodation) in the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting (up to AUD $3,178)
- The registration fee for the 2016 meeting is €2,500 per attendee. The grant-in-aid will contribute up to AUD $3,178 towards this fee for each attendee. The Academy will pay the registration fee at the conclusion of the meeting. If the final figure for the registration fee exceeds AUD $3,178 after conversion, the attendee must pay the difference to the Academy before 31 August 2016.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to their principal field of studies (physics) and to interdisciplinary work, for example by double degrees or interdisciplinary projects.
Please note: each institution is limited to applying for two grants on behalf of two early career researchers.
The Research branch requests a notification of intent to apply, to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by
21 September 2015 stating:
- name of researcher
- a paragraph of why they wish to attend and the importance and benefit of them attending.
Short-listed applicants will be notified to submit a full application, and a signed & completed copy of the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.