The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) offers the JSPS Invitation Fellowship for Research in Japan (Short Term and Long-Term) to promote international scientific cooperation and exchange. The Fellowship allows researchers employed at designated Japanese research institutions and universities to invite fellow researchers from Australia to Japan to participate in discussions, attend seminars, give lectures, or perform similar functions at their research institutions.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified researchers in the humanities and the social sciences and in any field of the natural sciences, including technology, engineering and medicine.
Funding & Duration
- Short-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of 14 to 60 days; Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of 61 days to 10 months.
- Successful candidates must start the Fellowship in Japan between: 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
Terms of the Award
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A daily maintenance allowance of ¥18,000 (approx AUD $200)
- Domestic research travel allowance of ¥150,000 (approx AUD $1,700)
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident living in Australia at the time of application
- Researchers must hold a full-time position that is equivalent to a university professor or associate professor in a Japanese university at of 1 April 2016.
- Researchers who have already visited Japan under the JSPS Invitation Fellowship Programs (Short Term) may not reapply for the same fellowship until three years have elapsed.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 October 2015
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org