The JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers provides opportunities for Australian postdoctoral researchers to conduct, under the guidance of their Japanese hosts, cooperative research with leading research groups in universities and other Japanese institutions.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified researchers in any field of natural sciences (including technology, engineering and medicine), the humanities and social sciences.
Funding & Duration
Fellowships are awarded for a period of 12 (365 days) to 24 months (730 days).
Successful candidates must start the Fellowship in Japan between 1 April and 30 November 2016.
Terms of the Award:
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of ¥362,000 (approx AUD $4000)
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000 (approx. AUD $2,200)
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident living in Australia at the time of application
- Candidates must hold a doctorate degree when the Fellowship goes into effect, which must have been received within six years prior to 2 April 2016
- MD (Medical Doctors) holders without a PhD are not eligible.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers or an STA Fellowship Program are not eligible.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 October 2015
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: email@example.com