The Mentored Clinician Researcher Fellowship aims to support and foster the careers of emerging clinician researchers who show high potential to make significant progress towards curing, treating or preventing type 1 diabetes.
This Fellowship provides salary support for 1 day (Level 1) or 2 days (Level 2) of research per week to enable qualified clinicians to take time away from their clinics to dedicate to type 1 diabetes clinical research. Fellows are supported by a Mentor, who will provide high quality research training and support the Fellow in initiating or establishing their career in research.
Funding & Duration
Fellowship Level 1
This Fellowship is designed for clinicians wishing to receive high quality research training with substantial input from their nominated Mentor to assist them in initiating a research career in type 1 diabetes. This Fellowship would suit a junior clinician with little clinical research experience who is committed to developing a career in type 1 diabetes clinical research.
- Provides support for one day per week of dedicated research time for a clinical research project.
- Provides $30,000 per year for two years.
- Allows for $25,000 per year as salary support for one day per week of dedicated research time, while $5,000 per year is to contribute to the Mentoring Plan for the Fellow, to be allocated at the Mentor’s discretion.
Fellowship Level 2
This Fellowship is designed for clinicians with some research experience who wish to enhance their research skills and expertise to assist them in establishing their career in type 1 diabetes clinical research. It is expected that applicants for a Level 2 Fellowship will be capable of undertaking their proposed research with a higher degree of independence than at Level 1. A clinician who has previously received a Career Development Award or equivalent is unlikely to be considered for this fellowship.
- Provides support for two days per week of dedicated research time for a clinical research project.
- Provides $70,000 per year for two years.
- Allows for $60,000 per year as salary support for two days per week of dedicated research time, while $10,000 per year is to contribute to the Mentoring Plan for the Fellow, to be allocated at the Mentor’s discretion.
Please refer to the Request for Applications (PDF) document for detailed eligibility and selection criteria.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 September 2015
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com