JDRF Strategic Research Agreements are designed to provide research funding for single or multiple investigators to address critical gaps and challenges and potential breakthroughs in Type 1 diabetes research.
The Strategic Research Agreement is a partnership between Investigator(s) and JDRF Scientists to help address roadblocks and accelerate JDRF’s mission through support of cutting-edge scientific investigation.
Strategic Research Agreement Schemes
- Strategic Agreements: Single-project
- Strategic Agreements: Multi-project
- Strategic Agreements: Clinical
Available funding for the Strategic Research Agreement will be reviewed on a per-application basis. Projects are initially funded for up to 3 years in duration. Support beyond 3 years will be determined based on a detailed scientific review of the accomplishments and future plans of the Project.
Applicants must hold an MD, DMD, DVM, PhD, or equivalent and have a faculty position or equivalent at a college, university, medical school, company, or other research facility.
Applications may be submitted by domestic and foreign non-profit organisations, public and private, such as colleges, universities, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local governments, and eligible agencies of the federal government.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 13 November 2015 – Project Concepts submitted through JDRF’s Project Concept Call in RMS360.
- Copy of Project Concept forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- Invited Full Applications (date TBA) must be submitted to the Research Branch for review
- Full applications to be submitted with the University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet.
Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster