The H. Allen Brooks Travelling Fellowship allows a recent graduate or emerging scholar to study by travel for one year. The Fellowship is not for the purpose of doing research for an advanced academic degree, but to provide an opportunity for recent graduates or emerging scholars to:
- see and experience architecture and landscapes firsthand
- think about their profession deeply
- acquire knowledge useful for the recipient’s future work, contribution to their profession, and contribution to society
The fellowship recipient may travel to any country or countries during the one-year period.
Funding & Duration
The Fellowship will be offered at US $50,000 (approx AUD $69,000) and will cover expenses incurred by the Brooks Fellow for one year of travel.
The H. Allen Brooks Travelling Fellowship is open to:
- A scholar who will earn a PhD or advanced terminal degree in the first half of 2015 (by June 30, 2015), or
- An emerging scholar who was awarded a PhD or advanced terminal degree in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 or 2010 in a field related to the built environment.
Such degrees include PhDs in the history, theory or criticism of architecture, landscape architecture, or urbanism; historic preservation; the practice of architecture, landscape architecture, and urban planning; or other fields of advanced study related to the built environment.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 September 2015
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: email@example.com