The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) – European Union (EU) Collaborative Research Grants scheme aims to provide assistance to Australian researchers to participate in multinational research collaborative projects with international researchers that have been selected for funding under the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing or the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) calls.
Projects involving Australian researchers based in Australia that are chosen by the European Commission (EC) for funding, may be eligible for NHMRC support of up to $500,000.
The specific 2015 EU topics NHMRC intends to support through the 2015 NHMRC – EU round for funding in 2016 are:
- PHC-03-2015: Understanding common mechanisms of diseases and their relevance in co-morbidities
- PHC-09-2015: Vaccine development for poverty-related and neglected infectious diseases: HIV/AIDS
- PHC-15-2015: Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- PHC-16-2015: Tools and technologies for advanced therapies
- PHC-18-2015: Establishing effectiveness of health care interventions in the paediatric population
- PHC-21-2015: Advancing active and healthy ageing with ICT: Early risk detection and intervention
- PHC-22-2015: Promoting mental wellbeing in the ageing population
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 14 October 2015
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org