The mission of the AXA Research Fund is to support academic research dedicated to a better understanding of important hazards, risks and threats and current global societal challenges within three clusters: socioeconomic risks, environmental risks and life risks.
Institutions selected are then invited to put forward nominees: it is their responsibility to identify and submit the names of the best possible candidates to participate in the Post-Doctoral Fellowships campaign. Those candidates will subsequently be expected to submit an application presenting their research project, to be carried out at the host institution that nominated them.
Funding & Duration
Each year, the AXA Research Fund offers 25 Post-Doctoral Fellowships to outstanding researchers.
Each grant amounts to €130,000 (approx AUD $210,000) for a duration of 24 months.
The AXA Research Fund partners with academic institutions only.
Host institutions must be registered within the AXA Research Fund’s database. The University of Adelaide is a registered institution.
These types of institutions are not eligible for funding at the AXA Research Fund:
- Foundations and financing Organisations
- Faculties or Departments within Institutions
- Institutions performing Research and Development and performing research meant for commercial purposes
A Post-Doctoral Fellow can be presented through one institution only and must not be holding a permanent academic position. The candidate must have been awarded his/her first PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree) within the 5 years preceding the submission of the proposal, based on the deadline for light proposals (see due dates listed below)
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 13 Nov 2015 – institutions must have registered an intent to apply using the online application form.
- 7 Dec 2015 – institutions must have nominated candidates using the online application form.
- 14 Dec 2015 – candidates must have submitted their Light Proposals using the online application form.
- 14 Mar 2016 – full proposals (by invitation only) due at the Research branch for internal review.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: email@example.com