The MND Association supports biomedical research on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and related conditions, in all relevant disciplines.
The objectives of the MND Association research funding programme are to support research aimed at understanding the causes of MND, elucidating disease mechanisms and facilitating the translation of therapeutic strategies from the laboratory to the clinic.
Funding & Duration
Up to £255,000.00 (approx. AUD $363,000) for a maximum of 3 years.
The Association only supports work carried out in bona fide research institutions.
Applications submitted by researchers based at institutions outside of the UK and Ireland must meet the following criteria:
- the project must be unique in concept or design (ie no similar research is being performed in the UK), and
- the project must involve a significant aspect of collaboration with a UK institute.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 30 Oct 2015 – Preliminary Proposal submitted using the online application form.
- Copy of Preliminary Proposal forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- TBA – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org