Amnesty International Australia’s Human Rights Innovation Fund allows anyone interested in promoting and defending human rights direct access to funding to support new, innovative, creative initiatives which will:
- Promote the growth of a human rights constituency in Australia; and/or
- Increase the diversity of Amnesty International supporters; and/or
- Have a demonstrable positive human rights impact.
Examples of possible project ideas:
- Speaker tour.
- Human Rights Defender tour (eg. A national tour of a defender of human rights, who has an inspiring story to tell).
- A human rights photography project in remote Indigenous communities.
- An Amnesty International program broadcast online.
- Networking with human rights organisations for a particular outcome.
- A human rights seminar/event.
- Activism retreat held for high school students or other community sectors.
- An interactive web-based human rights campaign.
- Human rights awareness raising activity and/or outreach to new audiences.
- Setting up a virtual action group around a particular human rights issue.
- An innovative display or stall design for a local action group to attract new supporters.
No single project will be awarded more than $8,000.
Individuals, local action groups, community groups or networks may apply.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 19 February 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org