The New Civics initiative invites research proposals that ask critical questions about how education can more effectively contribute to the civic development of young people.
The sponsor will fund projects with budgets under US $50,000 (approx. AUD $69,500)
- Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for a research grant must have an earned doctorate in an academic discipline or professional field, or appropriate experience in an education research-related profession.
- The PI must be affiliated with a college, university, school district, non-profit research facility, or non-profit cultural institution that is willing to serve as the fiscal agent if the grant is awarded. The Spencer Foundation does not award grants directly to individuals.
- Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however all proposals must be submitted in English and budgets must be proposed in U.S. Dollars.
- PIs and Co-PIs may only hold one active research grant from the Spencer Foundation at a time. Simultaneous submissions to the Foundation from PIs and Co-PIs are discouraged due to this policy.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 January 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: email@example.com