This round of RIF grants is to support existing and prospective AIB Labs facilities.The funds can be used for purposes including (but not limited to) the following:
- Purchase of equipment
- Salary to support the maintenance or running of equipment
- Training of users of equipment
- Leverage applications for other funding e.g. Australian Research Council -Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (ARC-LIEF) Grant scheme
- Facility business development, including salary support
- Development, implementation and maintenance of management systems, such as quality systems and quality accreditation
- Staff training and development, and staff exchanges
- Promotion and marketing activities
- Other suitable purposes which enhance the value of the facility and which are compliant with the AIB Labs objectives
Funding & Duration
The maximum funding that will be provided to any one application is $50,000.
For staff positions, the grant amount is capped at one full time equivalent (FTE) salary per application and the salary level must be justified.
The application may be cash-flowed over two years.
The applicant must be an existing AIB Labs facility, or a South Australian research or service organisation engaged in the bioscience field that is willing to become an AIB Labs facility.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 15 February 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com