As part of its commitment to supporting BirdLife Australia, CSIRO Publishing funds the annual Emu – Austral Ornithology Research Award, administered by BirdLife Australia along with our other distinguished awards and grants.
Applications in the following areas are encouraged:
- The ecology or behaviour of Australian birds
- Evolution of native or invasive birds within Australia
- Modelling ecological processes of relevance to Australian birds
Funding & Duration
Up to $5,000 is available annually to support strong research projects.
The Emu – Austral Ornithology Research Award supports projects with a strong research focus. Projects may have a strong environmental focus, but will be assessed primarily on the novelty and strength of the science, rather than for any conservation aims. Examples of such projects may include the study of native or introduced bird species.
- Applications are open to Honours, Masters and PhD students alike.
- Students are only eligible for funding toward current research being undertaken at an Australian tertiary institution.
- Grants are awarded on the strict understanding that funds will be exempt from institutional administration charges.
- Funds are limited and not all applications may be funded.
- Applicants must be members of BirdLife in order to be eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 March 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org