The Paris Institute for Advanced Studies (Paris IAS) invites applications from high level international scholars and scientists in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields for periods of five or nine months, during the academic year 2017-2018.
Funding & Duration
The Paris IAS provides its fellows with housing and a monthly remuneration (or complement of remuneration). It also pays for their round-trip ticket to Paris.
The Paris IAS provides apartments in the Pavillon Victor Lyon at the Cite internationale universitaire de Paris. Fellows who maintain their status in their home institution benefit from a stipend. For others, the Paris IAS proposes a short-term research contract with salary. In all cases, the remuneration depends on the fellow’s personal and professional situation and on whether he or she continues to receive pay from his/her home institution.
Researchers from all countries are eligible. Knowledge of English is required. The applicants are also expected to understand French, as scientific and social activities are held in French and English. This call for applications is open to:
- Senior university professors or researchers holding a permanent position in a university or research institution and having a minimum of 10 years of full time research experience after their PhD (at the time of the application).
- Junior scholars having the status of postdoctoral researcher or holding a position in a university or research institution, and having a minimum of 2 and maximum of 9 years of research experience after the PhD (at the time of the application).
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 February 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: email@example.com