The AMRI Visiting Research Fellowships support researchers to work on research projects with Australian Museum Scientists.
The Museum’s research focus is in four significant areas:
- Understanding and ameliorating impacts of climate change on biodiversity;
- Contributing to the understanding and management of pest species;
- Understanding what constitutes and influences effective animal conservation; and
- Applying wildlife genomics/DNA to solve key problems.
While the Institute covers the full range of its geoscience and biological research, there is a strong emphasis on these four research priorities.
Funding & Duration
The maximum amount of the fellowship is $8,000 to assist with living costs, travel and research expenses (e.g. bench fees and specialist analyses).
The maximum duration of the fellowship is 12 months. The maximum amount allowed for living costs is $800 per week.
Research fellows must be nominated by an AMRI staff member who is the leader of a research project.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 8 April 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org