Grand Challenges Explorations fosters innovation in global health research.
Proposals for Round 17 are being accepted on the following topics:
- Assess Family Planning Needs, Preferences and Behaviors to Inform Innovations in Contraceptive Technologies and Services
- Develop Novel Platforms to Accelerate Contraceptive Drug Discovery
- Design New Analytics Approaches for Malaria Elimination
- Accelerate Development of New Therapies for Childhood Cryptosporidium Infection
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
Funding & Duration
Initial grants will be US $100,000 (approx AUD $140,000) each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1M (approx AUD $1.4M).
The grant program is open to anyone from any discipline, from student to tenured professor, and from any organisation – colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organisations and for-profit companies.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 4 May 2016 – Copy of Short Application submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
(The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application)
- 11 May 2016 – Short Application Submitted online
- September 2016 – Selections completed and notifications sent.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org