The objectives of the ACACA are to: promote bilateral cooperation in agriculture between Australia and China; develop the trading relationship; and exchange scientific information to enhance cooperation and develop linkages between Australia and China.
The agreed priorities and target areas of cooperation for the 2016-17 funding round are:
- eCommerce innovation
- science and technology cooperation
- sustainable agricultural technology
- post-harvest storage and waste
- sanitary and phytosanitary training
- agricultural products processing
- animal husbandry
- food safety
- trade and investment cooperation
- commodity production research
- exploration of niche markets
Applicants can apply for up to $44,000 (GST inclusive) for a project. The project may include funding contributions by the applicant or third parties in order to improve project deliverables and outcomes and achieve greater programme value.
Applicants can apply for up to $16,500 (GST inclusive) for a trade mission. The trade mission may also include funding contributions by the applicant or third parties in order to improve project deliverables and outcomes and achieve greater programme value. Note: Organisations that are a government-related entity for GST purposes can apply for up to $15,000 (GST exclusive) for a trade mission.
Any individual, organisation or business with a current Australian Business Number (ABN) and able to enter into a legally binding agreement may apply for funding under the ACACA programme, including: individuals; farm, forestry, aquaculture and seafood enterprises; industry groups; rural and regional associations; and education, research and academic institutions.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 4 March 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com