Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance will provide support for FA research that relies on international collaboration among investigators in at least two different countries. Special consideration will be given to proposals that bring new scientists to the FA community.
Funding & Duration
The applicants may request a combined budget of up to US $200,000 (approx. AUD $266,000) per year for one or two years.
The rationale for the collaboration needs to be convincing and must clearly demonstrate that the research goals could not be achieved by just one of the participating groups, and that the synergy among the groups is essential for the success of the project.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 15 May 2016 – Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted directly to Sponsor.
- Copy of LOI forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 8 July 2016 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org