The objective of the Foundation’s Travel Grants scheme is to assist early career staff members (with an appointment of at least three years) to attend overseas conferences to develop their professional careers, and to interact with their peers in the international scene.
In particular, the program enables promising early-career academics and researchers to present their work at international conferences and exchange knowledge with their peers through participation in professional development opportunities.
The Travel grants made are relatively small, generally between $2,000 and $3,000 and are paid to the individual’s employer (organisation).
The Foundation requires that the traveller’s organisation commit their own funding before requesting a grant. Please note that the amount applied for cannot exceed the cash financial contribution from the applicant’s organisation.
The Foundation does not usually provide Travel grants for:
- Domestic travel
- Undergraduate, masters, or doctoral students; or
- Retrospective grants for travel already undertaken in part or in whole.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 31 May 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org