The Clinician Scientist Award aims to support outstanding, clinically qualified professionals who have gained a PhD in health research, to combine their clinical career with a research career and establish themselves as independent researchers in the field of prostate cancer.
The research proposed must be in the area of prostate cancer and may address any of the broad areas of prostate cancer research, including prostate cancer biology, treatment, diagnosis, service delivery, survivorship and prevention. Basic, translational, clinical and population-based studies in any of these research areas are appropriate.
Funding & Duration
This grant is for up to $450,000 over a period of 3 years.
- have a PhD in health or medical research in addition to their medical qualifications
- have 6 months to 3 years of post-PhD experience working in research (part-time or full-time)
- devote 50% of their working time to research for the life of the award
- provide evidence of working within a research group (i.e. must not be a solo researcher)
- demonstrate that they will have access to the facilities needed for the proposed research and will be in a research environment that will support their development in accordance with the aims of this award
- be an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia and be based in Australia for the duration of the grant
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 June 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com