The Young Investigator Award provides catalytic funding for early, post-doctoral researchers to help further their research and attract ongoing funding.
The research proposed must be in the area of prostate cancer and may address any of the broad areas of prostate cancer research, including prostate cancer biology, treatment, diagnosis, service delivery, survivorship and prevention. Basic, translational, clinical and population-based studies in any of these research areas are appropriate.
Funding & Duration
This grant is for up to $100,000 over a period of 12 months.
- hold a PhD
- have not more than two years of post-PhD working experience in cancer or/and prostate cancer research. If applicable, evidence of career disruption must be provided in the space available on the application form
- provide evidence of working within a research group and demonstrate that they will have access to the facilities needed for the proposed research and will be in a research environment that will support their development in accordance with the aims of this award
- be an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia and be based in Australia for the duration of the grant.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 June 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com