The New Concept Grant program of PCFA has two main objectives:
- to encourage rigorous proposals from established prostate cancer researchers who seek funding for new research directions (research that is not already part of their current research program) that will provide direct, tangible benefits to patients with prostate cancer relatively quickly, and
- to encourage senior, distinguished scientists with a strong track record of research, not working in the field of prostate cancer, who have innovative ideas or hypotheses, or novel expertise or techniques, to use them to answer important questions about prostate cancer.
The proposed research project must be in the area of prostate cancer and may address any of the broad areas of prostate cancer research, including but not limited to:
- population health
- health services
Funding & Duration
This grant is for up to $100,000 over a period of 12 months.
- hold a PhD or equivalent degree
- have held an academic appointment for more than 5 years in research
- be an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia and be based in Australia for the duration of the grant
- demonstrate that they will have access to the facilities needed for the proposed research and will be in a research environment that will support their development in accordance with the aims of this award.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 June 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org