About the Awards
The South Australian Science Excellence Awards recognise and reward outstanding scientific endeavour, including its application in industry and the advancement of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education.
The University of Adelaide has an enviable record of representation in these Awards.
- The South Australian Scientist of the Year will receive a prize to the value of $25,000.
- The winners of the remaining categories will receive a prize to the value of $10,000 to use towards their career development.
- All winners receive a glass trophy designed and produced by the Jam Factory and recognised as ambassadors of science at the state level.
Eligibility & General Guidelines
- For the purposes of these awards, the term ‘science’ encompasses applied and pure science, including, engineering, new technologies and mathematics.
- Past winners may not apply in the same category in subsequent years but may apply for other categories if they are eligible.
- Previous nominees and finalists are eligible to reapply for the 2016 South Australian Science Excellence Awards.
- Nominees must be Australian citizens or hold permanent residence status.
- The majority of work or research for which you are nominating must have been undertaken in South Australia.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
Nominations must be submitted to the DVCR’s office by Friday 6 May 2016 for University endorsement prior to submission.
Nominations must be submitted online by 5pm (ACST) on Friday 13 May 2016.
- See the ‘How to enter’ link on the SA Science Awards website
For further information about the University of Adelaide nomination process or to discuss your nomination, please contact:
Tim Scroop, Office of the DVCR
T 8313 34055
Further information regarding all SA Science Excellence Awards is available on the Department of State Development website.