This AU$3 million challenge calls for innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, NGOs, and academics to rethink advances in aquaculture to provide solutions that ensure both sustainable development and environmental sustainability.
The challenge aims to find solutions to three important issues of aquaculture:
- Rethinking feed for aquaculture
- New ocean products
- Sustainable design by encouraging innovations that will revolutionise aquaculture in the developing world with a focus on the Indian Ocean region, where transformations in aquaculture can help eradicate poverty, end hunger, and preserve ecosystems.
Funding & Duration
- Design and validation (up to AU $250,000)
- Positioning for scale (AU$250,000-750,000)
- Applications must be in English.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- The Blue Economy Challenge will not accept submissions that are lab bench scale, theoretical design, or limited to ideas on paper.
- Prototypes or solutions must be at the stage of development to field test within 12 months of the award being granted.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 June 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org