The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation seeks to promote the conservation of natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and improve health in the developing world.
Funding & Duration
Most grants are made on a one-time basis.
There is no policy concerning a minimum or maximum grant size, though the average grant is approximately US $20,000 (approx AUD $26,000).
The foundation’s geographic focus is the developing world. It prefers to support organisations located in developing countries, or developed country organisations whose activities are of direct and immediate benefit to developing countries.
The foundation supports most types of non-governmental organisations that can provide evidence of their non-governmental status or charitable purpose. In general, the foundation will support: non-governmental organisations (NGO); nonprofit organisations; civil society organisations; community-based organisations; and, colleges, universities and academic institutions.
The foundation will not consider more than one proposal from an organisation in any calendar year and will not fund an organisation more than once in a funding year.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 1 July 2016 – Concept Application submitted online directly to Sponsor
- Copy of Concept Application forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 25 August 2016 – Invited applications submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org