The Emerging River Professional Award (ERPA) is an initiative of the International RiverFoundation, established to recognise and foster early career river professionals who have demonstrated innovation, excellence and leadership in river, basin, or river-dependent community management.
The Award is open to all river professionals who have been working in their field for 10 years or less and who have demonstrated exceptional and measurable achievements in rivers, basins or river-dependent communities. The Award is open to professionals from all disciplines – whether scientists, policy makers, or on-ground river managers.
Recognition & Benefits
- ERPA finalists will be eligible for financial support to travel to and attend the 19th International Riversymposium in New Delhi, India.
- ERPA finalists will be expected to personally present the outcomes of their work as part of the International Riversymposium program.
- ERPA finalists will be recognised through the publication of project summaries on the International RiverFoundation and IWCAN websites.
- ERPA finalists will be promoted through the International RiverFoundation and IWCAN eNews channels.
- The overall winner will receive AUD $500 in prize money.
- The winner will feature in an article in the International RiverFoundation and IWCAN newsletters after the Riversymposium.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
Applications are submitted directly to the Sponsor by 1 June 2016