The PRCRP Career Development Award supports independent, early-career investigators to conduct impactful research with the mentorship of an experienced cancer researcher (i.e. the Designated Mentor) as an opportunity to obtain the funding, guidance, and experience necessary for productive, independent careers at the forefront of cancer research.
Proposals must address one of the following priorities:
- Bladder cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Listeria vaccine for cancer
- Liver cancer
- Melanoma and other skin cancers
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Stomach cancer
Funding & Duration
The maximum period of performance is 3 years.
The anticipated direct costs budgeted for the entire period of performance will not exceed US $360,000 (approx AUD $462,000).
Funding may be used for salary (Principal Investigator (PI) only), travel, research supplies, clinical research costs.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) must be an independent, early-career investigator within 10 years after completion of his/her terminal degree by the time of the application submission deadline.
- The Designated Mentor must hold a position at or above the level of an Associate Professor (or equivalent).
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 8 June 2016 – pre-proposal submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- 30 August 2016 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: email@example.com