The PRCRP Idea Award with Special Focus supports innovative, untested, high-risk/potentially high-reward concepts, theories, paradigms, and/or methods in cancer research that are relevant to Service members, their families, Veterans, and other military beneficiaries. The “Special Focus” of this award mechanism is on exposures, conditions, or circumstances that are unique to the military, disproportionately represented in a military beneficiary population, or may affect mission readiness.
Proposals must address one of the following priorities:
- Bladder cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Listeria vaccine for cancer
- Liver cancer
- Melanoma and other skin cancers
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Stomach cancer
Funding & Duration
The anticipated direct costs budgeted for the entire period of performance will not exceed US $400,000 (approx AUD $513,000).
Funding may be used for salary, travel, and research supplies.
To be eligible, the PI must have a faculty level appointment (or equivalent).
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 8 June 2016 – pre-proposal submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- 30 August 2016 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Grants Officer: Dr Don McMaster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org