The Global Connections Fund (GCF) is a new project of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE) and is supported by the Australian Government.
The GCF aims to provide initial support for Australian Researchers and Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to:
- increase linkages and collaborations with key global economies
- promote researcher-industry engagement, knowledge transfer
- foster end use development and commercialisation outcomes
The program consists of two forms of funding: Priming Grants and Bridging Grants (opening June 2016).
Priming Grants are intended to stimulate the intensification of joint Australian-Partner research and innovation by reducing the financial risk on both sides to enter into a collaboration proposal.
The grants will support Australian SMEs and researchers to:
- enable initial exploratory partner meetings to take place
- undertake consortium meetings (travel-related costs), assistance with minor project expenses; and /or costs associated with establishing formal relationships (legal agreements) or funding applications for joint activities.
- support potential SME-researcher partnerships in exploring the viability of an intended research and development (R&D) collaboration or technology solution
- explore avenues for follow-on project seed‑funding
Priming Grants are not designed to fund ongoing research costs, or to support existing collaborative activities.
Priming Grants offer $7,000/applicant to eligible SME-researcher partnerships for activities preparing cooperative, international R&D projects, or facilitating technology solutions.
Priming Grants are only open to Australian-based Researchers and Australian-based SMEs who must be the primary applicants.
No applications will be received from international partners.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) must be submitted for internal review by 29 April 2016
- Full Applications must be submitted for internal review by 20 May 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org