The Innovation Award is open researchers with innovative ideas that have the potential to improve the lives of people with type 1 diabetes, whether currently in the field of type 1 diabetes research or completely external to it.
Proposals are sought for cutting-edge innovation that falls outside current type 1 diabetes research paradigms supported by collaborative teams.
Funding & Duration
This award provides project funding of up to $1.5M for a period of two to three years.
- The application must at a minimum involve collaboration with at least one industry organisation OR researchers from at least one research organisation separate to and independent of the research organisation of the lead Principal Investigator;
- Applications must include both early-mid career (EMCR) and established researchers in the leadership group to provide opportunity for the EMCRs to develop their leadership experience under the mentorship of more senior researchers; and
- Proposals must include at least one experienced researcher from outside of the field of type 1 diabetes to bring capacity and knowledge from other areas that will benefit the field as well as the proposal.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Dates
- Applications are submitted online via RMS360
- Letters of Intent (LOI) must be submitted for internal review by 15 July 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your LOI
- Invited applications must be submitted for internal review by 19 October 2016
- Email: email@example.com