The University of Adelaide Office of the Vice-Chancellor in partnership with the Gender, Equity and Diversity Committee, and the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Vice President (Research), has established the Academic Women’s Research Excellence Awards (WREA) to recognise, celebrate and promote academic women’s research excellence at the University of Adelaide.
In 2016 there will be up to twelve (12) awards, valued at $5,000 each, including:
- 5 x awards for an early-career researcher employed by the University of Adelaide (Academic levels A or B)
- 4 x awards for a mid-career researcher employed by the University of Adelaide (Academic level C)
- 3 x awards for an established researcher employed by the University of Adelaide (Academic level D)
All applicants must be employed at these levels (either on a fixed-term contract or on a continuing basis) by the University of Adelaide. Casual staff are not eligible.
2015 Awardees of the WREA are not eligible to apply in 2016.
- Guidelines for Submission (Doc.)
Submission Requirements Due Date
Applications are due COB Monday 2 May 2016
Applications must state which of the awards they are applying for and include:
- A CV, including details of career path, (2 page maximum);
- A one-page description of your creative/research scholarship and its impact within the last three years;
- A list of publications or equivalent scholarly products since 2011 (with an explanation of the quality and rank of your publications/scholarly products in relation to your discipline);
- One page description of how the award will further your research; and
- A Letter of Support from your Head of School.
Applications must be emailed to Alyona Haines with the subject line ‘Women’s Research Excellence Awards’.